.

Tuesday 14 July 2009

venice: the light







marking malo's words that one of the most special things about venice is the light, i took film with different speeds. still, i underestimated the intenseness of the light and so many of my pictures turned out to be slightly overexposed. i rather like it, though. it almost seems as if i'm looking at faded photos in a much loved and leafed-through album.

see the big church with the white dome? that's santa maria della salute and our hotel was right behind it. a vaporetto stop was virtually on our doorstep. from here we set off to the various venues of the venice biennale - the giardini, the arsenale, numerous palazzi across town - as well as to the pinault foundation at palazzo grassi. the second, only just opened venue of the pinault foundation at punta della dogana was right next to santa maria della salute. it's that building on the third photo with the gilded sculpture on top, at the very tip of the dorsoduro island and less a than five-minute walk from our hotel.

and yes, that guy with the red shopping trolley sitting by the vaporetto stop was indeed fishing.

5 comments:

Palmer and Co said...

Oh, I love the exposure! I totally think it's perfect. Especially love that first shot... the boats! Oh, the boats!

april said...

ich liebe venedig, und deine fotos sind wirklich fantastisch. bekomme eine richtige venedig sehnsucht. danke und herzensgrüsse*

Chiara Ulivi said...

Hi Kristina! These pics are really great!! Venice helps, indeed, but this light, this old-seemed phots are absolutely great! I wait for more and more :))

Unknown said...

I love the overexposure too, it makes these photos very special!
I didn't like Venice when I went (or not as much as I was expecting to like it), maybe I should give it another chance...

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

Magic!!! I love them too-all of them ;-) Venice is slowly creeping up to the top of my 'must-see' cities!!

followers

***